The major objective of the Funding & Resources Unit is to promote, support and enhance the participation of CIB Margarita Salas research groups in international and national R&D funding calls as well as to support them in the preparation of proposals of projects for knowledge transfer and research for the companies. This objective seeks to cover the following basic functions:
- Translate the vanguard national and international positioning that the CIB Margarita Salas treasures into an appropriated representation in national and international prestigious projects and actions as well as in policy making forums.
- Materialize this projection through grants and funds that stabilize and upgrade both the research lines of the groups and the organic performance of the Center.
With the commitment to achieve the objective and functions entrusted, the Funding & Resources Unit will carry out the following activities:
- Identify, analyze and process national and international R&D funding calls.
- Promote the participation of groups in these calls by identifying niches of opportunity according to their research lines.
- Provide scientific-technical support in the preparation of projects through the distribution of specific documentation, liaison with funding institutions and guidance in the proposal preparation (keys to success, attractive performance of proposals, evaluation criteria, proposal review by experts ...)
- Encourage the participation of the scientific community of the CIB Margarita Salas in national and international expert evaluation panels as well as in scientific policy making organizations.
- Generation of a local innovation ecosystem through dialogue with institutions, companies and technology centers that facilitate participation in public-private collaboration projects and the bidirectional Translation of Knowledge and Technology.