Knowledge Transfer in “Centro de Investigaciones Biológicas” (CIB)
The CIB is one of the major Centers of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC) in the region of Madrid and brings together researchers from different areas, mainly Biology and Biomedicine, Agricultural Sciences and Chemical and Food Technology.
This is a sign of unique identity of our Center that facilitates synergies and integration of different methodologies and experimental approaches to address complex problems that need global, independent but complementary solutions.
Linked to the high scientific productivity that characterizes this Center, the CIB carries out an important role in the transfer of knowledge, making available to society the results of its scientific research through the generation of patents that collect its multidisciplinary character, for example the design of new therapeutic approaches or procedures for biotech or industrial development.
The main objective of the new Transfer Unit at the Center, as a part of the Deputy Vice-Presidency for Knowledge Transfer (VATC) of CSIC, is to promote, coordinate and manage the relationships between researchers of CIB and other public research organizations, public and private foundations and corporations, both domestic and international, as well as to promote innovation and support the transfer of knowledge and results to companies.
- Main Services or activities:
• Management, contract negotiation and processing (Technology Support and R & D) Biological Material Transfer, Confidentiality Agreements, etc.
• Collaboration in technology surveillance, and patentability studies, and patent drafting.
• Adviser in the relationship between researchers and companies, to solve companies’ technological needs through cooperation with research groups from CIB.
• Technology transfer and commercialization of technology offers. The results of the CIB researchers, protected by patents or other intellectual property protection modes, are available for exploitation under patent license agreements.
Person in Charge