ICT SERVICES (Information and Communication Technologies)
ICT Services are located in the S06 laboratory (semi-basement floor next to the library entrance). They can be contacted via e-mail at email@example.com or using the phone extension 4334.The intranet http://informatica.cib.csic.es of the Informatics Service contains extensive information for the knowledge and use of the different informatics services, being restricted only for CIB researchers and their support staff. Services to users are managed through requests on the page http://ordenestic.cib.csic.es, also accessible only from the CIB user network.
The Service is organized in two areas, with the competences described below:
Communications and Network Electronics
- Wide area:
- Local area:
- Networks /21 and /27. Remote control of electronics operation. Management and programming of network operations. Management console maintenance. Telefonica’s Macrolan link.
- Configuration and maintenance of “Invitados” WIFI networks, external Eduroam and internal Eduroam.
- Design, assembly and maintenance of the DPC facilities on the CSIC campus at the UCM.
- DELL electronics. 2 cores, 9 stacks, 31 switches. CISCO 2 switch
- Perimeter security: Programming and administration of firewall and IDS. Definition and implementation of detection policies and filters. Remote control of the operation of the two machines. Detailed traffic statistics. Service to the entire CSIC campus at the UCM.
- Internal security: Design and implementation of the internal security console. Remote control of the operation. Creation of reports with vulnerability detection scanners and unauthorized actions. Control of the “park” of authorized nodes through automatic and permanent checks of the network.
Design, installation and maintenance of the VPN service. Control of accessible machines and authorized users.
Control and maintenance of Sophos and Microclaudia consoles. Statistics.
- E-MAIL: Postmaster and listmaster of the cib.csic.es domain. Creation and maintenance of accounts and mailing lists. More than a thousand accounts. User support.
- DHCP: Configuration server. Installation, configuration and administration. Remote control of operation. The system is composed of two servers, the second one as backup, working online and serving both of them, both serving configurations automatically. High availability.
- DNS: Internet Name Server. Installation, configuration and administration. Remote control of operation. Secondary and tertiary servers integrating automatic controls of operation of the contrary. Hosting and domain management (cib.csic.es, sebc.es, semicro.es). High availability. Administration and maintenance of the primary server hosted at SGAI.
- WINS: NetBios name server. Installation, configuration and administration.
- NTP: Installation, configuration and administration. Time stamps for e-mail, time synchronization for server logs and the rest of the nodes.
- Administrative Fileserver: Programming, control and maintenance of the file server for the entire administrative area. Support to users, backups, accesses. It consists of two servers with redundancy in high availability.
- NetApp NAS services server: Programming, control and maintenance of the NAS services server. User support, backups, access.
- NetApp NAS server files in the cloud for researchers: Programming, control and maintenance of the NAS Nextcloud server for researchers. User support, backups, accesses.
- Reserving server: Programming, control and maintenance of the server. User support, backups, accesses.
- Order server: Programming, control and maintenance of the server. Support to users, backups, accesses.
- Technical services order management server: Programming, control and maintenance of the server. Support to users, backups, accesses.
- IT service order management server: Programming, control and maintenance of the server. Support to users, backups, accesses.
- Asterisk server: Programming, control and maintenance of the center's telephony service. Programming and maintenance of all telephone terminals. Assignment of DDI.
- Development of technical specifications for WAN communications, LAN infrastructure and electronics, perimeter and internal security and information systems. Follow-up of the implementation of awarded projects.
- Studies for the implementation of new services and improvement of existing ones.
- CORA project design. All telephony services. EasyVista. Design of new access and presence control. Computer support.
USER SERVICE AREA
Network user support
- Node integration: Service to Windows, Macintosh, Linux, Irix, Solaris, JetDirect, laboratory devices, and user switches. Minor equipment installation. Nearly 1000 nodes, 700 simultaneous.
- Network software: Installation and configuration of network applications and services.
- Network troubleshooting: Network software and network equipment troubleshooting.
Computer application support service
- Installation and maintenance of general purpose microcomputer and office software that the CSIC may make available to the Groups and Services.
- Installation and maintenance of scientific software in collaboration with the Bioinformatics service.
- Support functions to the communications area: Support according to needs.
- Prior to being served, users must fill out a Service Order. (Only accessible from the CIB)
- In-person inquiries at the door S06 (next to the Library) and by email via firstname.lastname@example.org are also attended
- For massive incidents (affecting a large number of users), report them as soon as possible. Ext 4288 email@example.com