► Mcib 2018-2020
- Mcib starts on Monday October 1st 2018
► What is Mcib?
- Mcib (Master in Molecular and Cellular Integrative Biology) is a 90 ECTS master’s degree program co-organized by the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC) and the International University Menéndez Pelayo (UIMP), a public university belonging to the Department (Ministerio) of Education of the Government of Spain. It provides an official master’s degree (M. Sc.) issued by the UIMP.
- Mcib is organized in 3 academic modules (60 ECTS) and a master research project (30 ECTS). Students are most strongly encouraged to use English throughout.
- Mcib Mission: To provide graduate students of life sciences, chemistry or bioengineering with advanced training in molecular and cellular biology and its applications in biomedicine and biotechnology. The program runs for 3 academic semesters spanning from October of the 1st year until March of the 2nd year.
- Mcib is unique in that practical education involves one complete year of full-time work hosted by one of the participating research groups, providing the students with the necessary skills to address an ambitious research project.
- Mcib is a pioneer master program in that its academic activities are carried out within the cutting-edge scientific environment of one of the leading CSIC Biology Institutes, the Centro de Investigaciones Biológicas (CIB), located at the campus of Madrid’s Ciudad Universitaria.
- Mcib is a unique training experience structured as a collective higher-education action of CSIC scientists that bring together a broad range of expertise. This novel concept allows students to be exposed to scientific activities developed in-house, which exploit synergies among research programs integrating structural, chemical and molecular cell biology, biomedicine and biotechnology. Mcib students learn how to use front-line technologies to elucidate fundamental principles of biological function and to improve our quality of life.
- Mcib is inspired in the Max Planck International Research School for Molecular Life Sciences located at the MP campus in Munich